At KCM, we know that in order to combat and prevent the spread of harmful viruses, bacteria and other surface-borne contaminants that it is essential now, more than ever, to keep things clean. We can't emphasize the importance of regular cleaning and disinfection of public settings, places like schools, playgrounds, universities, public libraries, museums, public transit, communal residences and workplaces, among others. In light of the recent changes in society due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we are proud to offer our industry-leading cleaning and disinfecting services.
What you should know
- Surfaces frequently touched with hands are most likely to be contaminated. These include doorknobs, handrails, elevator buttons, light switches, cabinet handles, faucet handles, tables, counter-tops, shopping carts and electronics.
- Evidence suggests viruses can live on objects and surfaces from a few hours to days.
Create a cleaning procedure
- When cleaning personal or public spaces, it is essential that the affected area is not only cleaned, but disinfected as well. Cleaning products remove germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces by using soap (or detergent) and water. Cleaning does not necessarily kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection. Disinfecting products kill germs on surfaces using chemicals. KCM knows the correct products and steps to take, to keep your places safe!
- Operators of community settings should develop or review protocols and procedures for cleaning public spaces. This will help determine where improvements or additional cleaning may be needed.
- In addition to routine cleaning, surfaces that are frequently touched with hands should be cleaned and disinfected more often, as well as when visibly dirty.
- Shared public spaces such as bathrooms should be cleaned more often.
We can all do our part in preventing the spread of viruses and disease.
Ask us more about: